Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
- Mince the garlic. Peel and dice the turnips. Wash the tomatoes and dice them as well.
- Add 3-4 tbsp water to a pot, add the garlic and sauté for 2 min.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 min. Then, transfer the diced turnips to the pot, stir and cook covered for 2-3 min. In the meantime, rinse and drain the lentils.
- Add the lentils, spices, water and coconut milk to the pot and bring to a boil. Then, simmer slightly-covered on low for 17-20 min.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and brown or basmati rice. Store leftovers in the fridge. As the dahl may thicken in the fridge, add a bit of water when reheating it on the stove.