Kale and Daikon Pad Thai
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
- Make the dressing: Combine almond butter with tamarind paste in a medium bowl and mix with a spoon until smooth. Add maple syrup and mix to incorporate. Then add lime juice and soy sauce, whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Make the Pad Thai: Warm coconut or olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add kale and salt and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring. Cover and set aside.
- Prepare pad thai noodles according to the package instructions.
- Peel and cut daikon radish into noodles with julienne, vegetable peeler, spiral slicer or by hand with a sharp knife.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rice and daikon radish noodles, mung bean sprouts, sautéed kale mixture, cashews, herbs and the dressing.
- Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with more lime, garnished with toasted cashews and herbs.
Note: Tamarind paste or tamarind sour soup base is usually available at any Asian market and many health food stores. Goods Grocery in the Comox Valley has it at the time of printing