Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 7 Hr Cook Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 7 Hr 5 Mins
- Wash the daikon radish and slice it about 15cm long and 5mm thickness.
- Sprinkle salt over the sliced daikon and toss them to evenly coat daikon with salt. Leave it for 6-7 hours.
- Combine the rice vinegar, mirin, and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring it to boil over medium heat, when all the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat off and let it cool down.
- After 6-7 hours, drain and squeeze out the excess water off the sliced daikon radish. ( do not wash them )
- Lay the daikon radish into a large container and sprinkle a little bit of bonito flake, kelp, and vinegar mixture. Repeat the process until all the ingredients are used.
- Leave it in room temperature for a week.