Pan Fried Turnips With Onions And Greens
Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
- Peel turnips and cut into quarters or into sixths, if large.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot add the olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the turnips when the oil shimmers.
- Cook the turnips until browned on one side. Turn them over and add scallions and thyme to the pan. The turnips are ready when a fork piercing the thickest part slides easily through.
- Add the turnip greens or spinach and butter to the pan, sautéing until the spinach wilts. Remove the thyme sprig.
- Season with salt and pepper, taste to adjust seasoning, and serve.